eDocument Solution for LATAM Countries
The eDocument Framework is a solution for managing electronic documents that have legal compliance aspects. The eDocument country-specific solutions are built on top of this framework that is provided by SAP.
SAP harmonizes the increasing number of country specific approaches that are considered “country specific” into a uniform framework lowering overall complexity and day to day management.
Country specific solutions
- Argentina (PI)
- Brazil (NF-e)
- Mexico (PI)
- Chile (2015)
- Peru (2014)
- Ecuador (2016)
- Colombia (2016)
The SAP eDocument Framework has been developed by SAP Globalization Services and helps to transform documents created in various SAP applications into predefined exchange formats and transfer it electronically to external systems, such as legal entities or tax authorities.
The SAP eDocument Framework facilitates realization of different local requirements by:
Leveraging their similarities
Ensuring high standards
Providing consistent user experience and lower operational cost
There are two variants of eDocument for LATAM countries: the Basic Solution and the Full Solution.
The eDocument Basic solution allows you to create eDocuments based on source documents previously created in other SAP applications, such as FI and SD. The system makes the eDocument available for downloading and further processing by your own solutions. This eDocument solution variant requires the implementation of a customer-specific solution to handle the mapping of the data to the legally required XML format and the submitting of the eDocument to the tax authorities or business partner's system.
The eDocument Full solution allows you to create eDocuments based on source documents previously created in other SAP applications, such as FI and SD. The system uses the Application Interface Framework (AIF) to map the transactional data to the required XML format. For this solution, you use the SAP HANA Cloud Integration platform (HCI) to establish communication with the external system by using web services to send data from SAP ERP/SAP AIF and to receive data from the external systems. HCI also formats the data to comply with the web service parameters, signs the document digitally, and establishes a secure connection using SSL.
The following figure depicts the process of eDocument Full solution:
SAP AIF (Application Interface Framework) is the tool used to handle the mapping of the data to the legally required XML format.
SAP AIF provides structured guidance to help you quickly and cost-effectively create and deploy compliant interfaces, empower business users to monitor interfaces, troubleshoot issues without IT, and customize authorizations to protect sensitive data.
SAP AIF main product capabilities:
- Develop and deploy application interfaces in an SAP-centric or heterogeneous system environment;
- Guided framework to efficiently implement interfaces, re-use logic, and improve data accuracy;
- Monitor interfaces across technologies such as IDOC, Web services, qRFC, tRFC, files, batch input, and others;
- Interface versioning;
- Automated testing tool;
- Tool-supported interface documentation.
The eDocument Full solution uses the SAP HANA Cloud Integration platform to communicate with the tax authorities via web services. In order for this to occur, the following settings must be enabled in your SAP environment:
- Connection of SAP ERP and SAP AIF with HCI
- Set up of HCI for connecting to the external servers
eDocument Framework, AIF and HCI Benefits
- Full Compliance: coverage of all legally required processes and e-documents (not only e-invoices)
- One Support: legal changes on ERP and eDocument service from SAP Globalization Services;
- Low TCO: Communication requirements to legal authorities delivered by SAP on the Cloud;
- Single monitor for multiple countries and business processes;
- Achieve cost reductions of up to 40% for interface implementation and 75% for monitoring
- Provide business users with integrated, intuitive interface monitoring tools – no IT required
Specific Solution Details per Country
On May of 2013, SAT Mexico announced changes to the legislation in regards to e-Invoicing. Here are the implications of the new legislation.
- CFD expired end of 2013
- Companies with revenues greater than 250,000 Mexican Pesos or roughly $20,000 USD adopt CFDI (Factura Electrónica) before the end of 2013.
- CFDI requires the adoption of new extensions affecting PDF layout, response content to integrate with your ERP for real-time activities as well as other technical features such as 2-D barcode to facilitate government auditing.
Origen is a thought leader in e-Invoicing integration for SAP customers doing business in Mexico because of the following:
- We provide both outbound and inbound solution architecture. Inbound is often overlooked as a priority in the implementation process but it is critical to maximize the companies tax deductions come year end. Often, the inbound process becomes a manual task and is prone to human error. Automating this process will not only improve your tax deductions efficiency but it will also consolidate your relationship with existing and future suppliers.
- We have an experienced team familiar with the intricacies of the SAT legislation and how these changes will apply to your SAP ERP environment such as your master data or FI/SD modules will expedite the implementation project and guarantee the success of the integration, all within the allotted time frame.
- Our team provides multi-lingual skills to make the project inclusive to all participants. The multi-lingual skills are also inherent within the support team. Support provides rapid response with contingency plans so that your merchandise is not withheld and supply chain is not interrupted.
- The Origen solution architecture will allow your company to remain compliant when new changes are issued while necessary ERP functionality and localization is maintained for the long-haul so your company does not diverge from the SAP compliance roadmap.
- Addenda deployment is critical to the success of many of our customers. Situations occur where the majority of the business a company performs is done with a partner who only accepts Addenda schema. Therefore, we provide experienced teams with the correct implementation approach to leverage Addenda set-up when needed.