- Language: English
- Mon-Fri 09:00 am – 6:00 pm
SAP TAX & LEGAL REPORTING FOR BRAZIL
Keep compliance simple.
- Comply with Brazil’s regulations
- Automate legal reports
- Identify opportunities for improving/fixing all processes (i.e. logistics, production, financial, accounting and fiscal) that impact legal reporting
- Avoid fines and penalties
Simplifying tax management processes is one of the biggest challenges for the fiscal, accounting, financial and IT departments of Brazilian companies or multinationals with Brazilian operations. There is a multitude of options that companies unsuccessfully use to try and handle the complex legal and statutory compliance for Brazil including the use of innumerous spreadsheets, tedious and error-prone manual processes, and inefficiently implemented integrations – all methods that are destined to fail and generate significant cost overruns over time.
The reality is that local fiscal and tax compliance teams typically face a “daily battle” to handle the various tax and legal obligations needed to operate successfully in the Brazil. Legal compliance in Brazil is not “just a bit more” complex than other countries; it not uncommon for a company to spend an average of 2,600 hours a year to prepare reporting and pay taxes which is 10 times more cumbersome than the average spent in U.S. or European countries.
Origen’s Legal Reports is focused on delivering SAP standard solutions (available on SAP ERP and SAP TDF) and complementary solutions developed by Origen aimed at enabling a company to generate Brazilian legal reports in a more streamlined and efficient manner with accelerated precision.
Given that our approach assumes the reports will be generated from the base “system of record” (SAP), it is not necessary to manage duplicate databases, extract data from a 3rd party system into SAP, or have the tax department spend unproductive time reconciling and validating the data for fiscal reports generation. This approach not only assures almost zero defects in report generation, but also leaves a very clean path from an audit perspective as the data is not “cooked” in order to achieve proper report submission.
Origen Legal Reports Expertise
- SPED ECD
- SPED Fiscal
- SPED Contributions
- SPED ECF
- Incoming Book (Model 1)
- Incoming Book (Model 2)
- Fiscal Book (Model 3)
- Fiscal Book (Model 7)
- IPI Book (Model 8)
- ICMS Book (Model 9)
- GIA (SP)
- GIA (RJ)
- DECLAN (RJ)
- DUB (RJ)
- DIEF (RJ)
- DOT (ES)
- DMA (BA)
- GIM (RN)
- DIEF (PA)
- ISS RJ
- ISS Macae
Origen has co-developed with SAP Co-Innovation Labs (COIL) a product called the Origen Fiscal Dashboard that runs on the SAP TDF (Tax Declaration Framework) solution. Besides legal reports, this module provides:
- Fiscal Calendar
All team activities can now be planned and monitored from a single location
- Year/Month-end closing
Centralized access to key SAP transactions used in the closing process
- Calculation reports (ICMS, IPI, PIS, COFINS and IRRF)
Simplifies management of payables and recoverable taxes via analysis by company, branch and date specific ranges
- Tax & NF-e Analytics
Implements the “Impostômetro” concept, allowing visualization of GL account balances for payable/recoverable taxes and also totals by NF-e type
- Powered by SAP TDF / HANA platform
Product is built on TDF and HANA platform, enabling significant gains in performance, integration, real-time analysis capabilities, and increased simplicity due to the use of a single fiscal repository (CTR) and in-memory technology
SAP Legal Reporting for Brazil Advantages
- Proper analysis, correction and calculation of taxes and contributions inside SAP
- Avoid errors in data entry with SAP BRF+
- Ease of information consolidation, standardization, and cost reduction with legacy/local interfaces and systems administration
- SAP has its own development centers in Brazil to maintain and develop products that are aimed specifically to attend to Brazilian requirements
- The SAP solution for Brazil localization has been adopted by the majority of Large- and Medium-Sized Brazilian enterprises, as well as global companies with subsidiaries in Brazil; this provides inputs for continuously improving the solution and localization packages offered by SAP
- Integrated Business Processes complying with Brazilian regulations running on a modern platform utilizing HANA, SAP’s high performance in-memory database
As a recognized “Go-To-Market” SAP Partner, Origen specializes in implementation and development in all areas of SAP Brazil localization to guarantee compliance for the logistics, financial, and foreign trade compliance requirements for operating in Brazil.
Origen is also the official SAP partner for offering Cloud solutions and the only American-based company that participates as an SAP COIL (Co-Innovation Lab) Partner for the SAP TDF (Tax Declaration Framework) solution, promoted by SAP Labs Latin America at São Leopoldo. Origen has customers that operate from various segments around the world including Brazil, United States, Europe, Mexico, Argentina, Colombia and other Latin American countries. We count on a team of consultants with more than 15 years of experience and knowledge in implementing projects, rollouts, enhancements, and support of solutions like SAP ERP, GRC-NF-e, PI, GTS, TDF and HANA. Origen invests in the development of our own solutions based on SAP technologies for the Brazilian Market and is recognized by our customers for our ability to align with the strategic objectives defined by Corporate (centrally based COE typically located outside of Brazil), while facilitating the delivery and execution of implementation projects at the local country level.